To listen to this week’s audio news click the Play button
Epsom and Ewell Talking Newspaper audio local news for the two weeks ending 2nd March 2023 has comprehensive coverage on the borough council’s Draft Local Plan. We have an update on Surrey councillors plans to stop Transport For London (TFL) putting signs for the Ultra Low Emissions Zone (ULEZ) expaned zone on Surrey roads. We have new appointees and an interview with the council’s new CEO.
Epsom and Ewell Borough Council news
The dominant story in this week’s episode is the public consultation on Epsom and Ewell Borough Council‘s Draft Local Plan. The deadline for residents to make their views known is just over two weeks away on Sunday, the 19th of March and we have details of the draft plans for:
- The 12 acre Hook Road Car Park and SGN Site, described in The BIG plans for Epsom and Ewell
- Town Hall , Hope Lodge & Epsom Clinic, described in The Epsom and Ewell Town Hall plan
- Depot Road and Upper High Street, described in Depot Road plans
- Ashley Centre and Global House plan 3.19 hectare site (nearly 8 acres), described in Ashley Centre and Global House plan
- The Horton Farm 100 acre site, described in The really BIG one: Horton Farm
- West Park Hospital land, described in Land at West Park Hospital
- The 8.3 hectare sports pitches and open space adjoining Ewell East Station, described in Land adjoining Ewell East Station
- The 0.7 hectare grazing land at Chantilly Way, described in Land at Chantilly Way
- Hook Road Arena land, described in Hook Road Arena plans
There has already been a demonstration in reaction to the Draft Local Plan when over 200 protesters with banners chanted “Green not Greed” in Epsom’s town centre on Saturday February 25. Protesters claimed the controlling Residents Association councillors group “were asleep at the wheel” in voting through building on the Green Belt as reported in Residents aroused by “sleeping” residents?
Surrey County Council News
Citizens Advice Epsom and Ewell appointees
Citizens Advice Epsom and Ewell has appointed three new members to its Board, all voluntary positions, who each bring valuable industry experience and strategic guidance to the charity as reported in New Citizens Advice Bureau Board Members
Listen to our audio news for full details of these and other stories including Epsom College appoints new head after Emma Pattison’s death and an exclusive interview with Jackie King in Interview with Epsom and Ewell BC’s new CEO
Please remember to share with anyone you know who is blind or has a visually impairment.
More Contact Information for this week’s news stories
To register for the consultation visit Epsom and Ewell Local Plan
This fortnight’s news articles come from the Epsom and Ewell Times including some provided to them by the Local Democracy Reporting Service of the BBC, the Surrey Comet and Surrey Live and the Local Guardian for Epsom.
The local news is just one of three sections of the Epsom and Ewell as described on the About Us page.
If you have any local stories or information that you think will be of interest to our listeners please Contact Us