To listen click the following Play button
The Epsom and Ewell Talking Newspaper is run entirely by volunteers and if you think you can help we would be very glad to hear from you. There are several roles you could help us with:
- News and Magazine Editors – We need volunteers to select interesting news items for different sections, arranging them and timing them for our readers.
- Supplement Editors – We need volunteers to research the Internet for interesting items for inclusion in the Supplement. All you need to know is how to use the Internet and how to download, save and upload files.
- Reading – The Talking Newspaper is currently recorded by our readers at home but is usually recorded on a Thursday morning in our studio at Swail House. We have 3 readers a week so you would only be required once or twice a month. We can arrange the schedule around your holidays and other commitments. If you wish to join our broadcasting team we will ask you to do a recording test, to find out whether your voice is suitable. (Please note we currently do not need Readers, but please get in touch with us as there are lots of other ways that you can help and we would love to hear from you!)
- Distribution – We need volunteers to help us record and distribute the audio Newspaper for our listeners. We will train you but familiarity with computer file management is helpful.
- Welcoming new listeners – Volunteers welcome new listeners and usually visit them in their homes to ensure that they have the right equipment to play the memory stick and are familiar with using it.
- Administration – We need volunteers to help us with administration and record keeping which requires an organised, methodical approach.
- Fundraising – We need volunteers to help on fundraising days and are very happy to hear your fundraising ideas
To volunteer please either complete the contact form email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the studio on 01372 721519 and leave a message on the answer phone. Please give your contact details and advise the best time for us to contact you and we will get back to you as soon as possible. You can also visit our Facebook page and leave a message.
During the current epidemic volunteers are recording and producing the EETN in their homes.