Ciick Play to listen
The Epsom and Ewell Talking Newspaper is run entirely by volunteers and if you think you can help we would be very glad to hear from you.
We have a current volunteer vacancy for a News Editor
- News and Magazine Editors – We need volunteers to select interesting news items for different sections, arranging them and timing them for our readers.
- Supplement Editors – We need volunteers to research the Internet for interesting items for inclusion in the Supplement. All you need to know is how to use the Internet and how to download, save and upload files.
- Reading – The Talking Newspaper is recorded on a Thursday morning in our studio at Swail House. We have 3 readers a week so you would only be required once or twice a month. We can arrange the schedule around your holidays and other commitments. If you wish to join our broadcasting team we will ask you to do a recording test, to find out whether your voice is suitable. Please note we currently do not need readers but please get in touch with us as there are lots of other ways you can help and we would love to hear from you.
- Distribution – We need volunteers to help us record and distribute the audio newspaper for our listeners. We will train you but familiarity wieth computer file management is helpful.
- Administration – We need volunteers to help us with administration and record keeping which requires an organised, methodical approach.
- Fundraising – We need volunteers to help on fundraising days and are very happy to hear your fundraising ideas
To volunteer please either complete the Contact Form, email us firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01372 721519 and leave your contact details as well as details of the best time to contact you on our answering machine and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can also visit our Facebook page and leave a message.
Richard explains how to subscribe to the EETN